Renovating Eilert Sundts hus
Parts of Eilert Sundt's hus will be refurbished in the period 2021-2022. Here are some frequently asked questions about how this affects you as a Faculty of Social Sciences student.
When will the renovation take place?
The renovation will take place from May 2021 to December 2022. Employees and students in 3.-12. floor must move out of the building between 15 March and 15 May 2021. The floors must also be emptied of all furniture.
Which buildings and rooms are affected?
3.-12. floor in the high-rise block will be emptied during the renovation period. Other floors will not be emptied, but there will be some noise from the building work.
Will the teaching be moved to other buildings?
Teaching that takes place in 3.-12. floor will be moved. Teaching that takes place in the auditoriums on the 1st floor runs as usual.
What happens to the reading room seats from 3.-12. story?
The reading rooms in 3.-12. floor will be closed during the renovation period. The reading rooms on the 3rd floor will be closed from 15 May. Information on when the other reading rooms are to be emptied can be found in the study program room in Canvas.
Alternative reading rooms for master's students
Other reading rooms that can be used are:
- Reading room E on the 2nd floor of Eilert Sundts hus (reserved for master students only from and including 31 March 2021)
- Other reading rooms on the 2nd floor Eilert Sundts hus adjacent to the learning center
- Reading rooms at Harriet Holter's house and Harald Schjelderup's house. More information about the faculty's reading rooms can be found here.
- Reading rooms on the 12th floor of Niels Treschow's house. More information about the faculty's reading rooms can be found here.
- Other reading rooms that are open to all students at UiO, for example at the University Library.
How am I notified of a change of classroom?
You will find information about where to have teaching in your timetable.
Are the canteen and cafe open?
Please see SiO's web pages for information on which cafes and canteens are open on campus at all times.
Who can I contact if I have questions about the renovation?
SV-info is the contact point for questions about the renovation and the consequences it has.