Handing in your thesis
1. Make sure that the thesis comply with the formal requirements
2. Upload the thesis in PDF format at the University Print Center.
- All master students get a requisition to print their thesis at the University Print Center. The Department of Political Science will each semester send the requisition to the University Print Center.
- Political Science track students get a requisition for 9 copies.
- History track students get a requisition for 7 copies.
- You upload the thesis as a PDF-file to reprosentralen. USIT has made a manual for converting a document into a PDF full text file.
- When you oppload the file you should give the following information if you are on the Political Science track
- Location code: 170800
- Budget code: 612602
History track: the location code and budget code will be announced by e-mail when the deadline approaches.
- The printing of the thesis takes three full working days.
- Questions regarding how long the printing takes must be directed to the University Print Center.
- Students may arrange printing privately themselves. The standard format is two-sided print, bound (not spiral). If you have printed your thesis privately, you can still get your copies.
3.Submit your thesis in DUO, UiO's digital repository
- You submit your thesis to DUO, UiO's digital repository. You do this in the StudentWeb.
- You must log in with username and password, not your pin code.
- See the University Library's manual on how to do this.
- You will receive a receipt when you have handed it in. Print this out and hand it in together with the thesis (point 6).
4. Notify the Norwegian Social Science Data Services (NSD) on the completion of your Project
- If you have processed/obtained personal data, which is notifiable to the NSD, it is important that you notify them that the project is completed, and what you have done with the data.
5. Fill out mandatory study form
- Fill out mandatory study form for submission of master's thesis.
- You will also upload your master thesis in a PDF version in this form
6. Hand in the thesis
- Political Science: In the Reception on the 7th floor, between 12:30 pm and 14:00 pm.
- History: Room 413, 4th floor in Niels Treschows hus, between 12 pm and 3 pm.
- You should hand in
- 3 copies if you have one supervisor.
- 4 copies if you have a co-supervisor.
- the receipt from the StudentWeb registration
After submitting your thesis
- You will get a written notice when a thesis commission has been appointed. When a date and time of the oral exam has been scheduled, you will receive an e-mail from the Department. The oral exams will be held in June and August.
- Approximately 6 weeks (sometimes later) after the oral exam, your Master's diploma will be sent to your mailing address. It is therefore important that you have updated your mail address in the studentweb.