Oslo Summer School for Social Sciences
Finding accommodation in Oslo
Participants in our courses must arrange accommodation in Oslo by themselves.
Oslo is a fairly expensive city to visit, and finding accommodation at cheap or moderate prices can often be difficult.
Below are some accomodation options in Oslo.
- Scandic Holberg Hotel centrally located in downtown Oslo with easy access to public transport taking you to the University campus in less than 15 minutes.
- Ellingsen Pension is a nice and reasonable Bed & Breakfast centrally located near public transportation taking you easy to University campus.
- Haraldsheimen Youth Hostel offers a beautiful view and surroundings a few kilometers outside of the City center. Public transport is found close by the hostel.
- Oslo Apartments is suggested if you plan to travel to Oslo along with two or more friends (and perhaps even stay longer than one week in Oslo). Oslo Apartments provides apartments of various sizes and prices all around Oslo.
- Anker Hostel is located in the center of downtown Oslo, and they provide anything from single rooms to 5-6 bunk bedrooms. This place is recommended if you like to stay close to where 'things are happening' at a quite reasonable price. Anker Hostel is located very close to public transport (takes about 20 minutes to campus by tram). This place might get fully booked early in the spring/summer, so making reservations early is suggested.
- Perminalen is located downtown central Oslo. They offer single rooms or shared rooms at fairly reasonable prices. Public transport to campus may be found 5-8 minutes walk from the hostel.
- Airbnb is always worth checking out if you want private accommodation for a reasonable price.
- Visit Oslo provides general information about Oslo and surroundings, including information about various types of accommodation (mainly city hotels).
- Use-it provides plenty of 'alternative' information for young travelers, including information about accommodation in Oslo.
Note that Oslo is heavily visited by tourists during the summer months. Trying to book a room closer to the month of July may often prove tricky, and in particular accommodation downtown in Oslo. Oslo Summer School thus strongly suggest that you arrange for your accommodation in Oslo as soon as you have gained admission to our courses.
Travelling to Oslo:
Oslo is served by many airlines and two airports. The main airport is Gardermoen (OSL), which has the fastest shuttle service by train to the city center, however you may save some by taking the bus or local train instead of the airport shuttle train.