Eilert Sundts hus
4th floor (map)
Moltke Moesvei 31
Globalization, Education, and Comparative Policy Studies
Professor Gita Steiner-Khamsi, Columbia University, New York, USA and Professor Antoni Verger, Autonomous University, Barcelona, Spain
Course dates: 22 - 26 July 2019 Course credits: 8 ECTS
Limitation: 25 participants
Main disciplines: Educational Science, Political Science, Sociology
The Future of Capitalism - Jubileumsforelesning med Professor Michael Mann fra UCLA, USA.
I anledning 20 års jubileet til Oslo Summer School in Comparative Social Science Studies gjester den anerkjente og inflytelsesrike sosiologen Michael Mann Universitetet i Oslo for å holde en jubileumsforelesning.
The Oslo Summer School give you the opportunity to elevate your knowledge in research methods and social science in general, as well as network with internationally known faculty, practitioners and PhD candidates from around the world.
Seminar and panel discussion with Professor Michael Mann and others.
- A seminar on Monday 30 July, 10.00 - 16.00.
- Oslo Summer School anniversary lecture on Tuesday 31 July, 15.30.
- A panel discussion on Wednesday August 1, 15.00 - 18.00.
Lectures, Assignments and ECTS Credits
- Our courses comprises 20 hours of lectures over the course of five days (Monday to Friday).
- The courses are at a postgraduate/PhD-level, and the language of instruction for all courses is English.
- The lectures will be held at the University of Oslo, Blindern Campus.
- Courses that require the use of computers will combine ordinary lectures with computer workshops.
- Those who are admitted to the program will receive an extended course curriculum and parts of the required readings in advance.
Application for Oslo Summer School consist of 3 parts:
Online application form - Opens 1st February 2019
2. A letter of recommendation from your educational and/or research institution.
3. A statement of motivation / statement of purpose (max 1 page)
Application deadline: Admission is granted on a rolling basis and applying early is to your advantage.
Those who apply early and with satisfying formal qualifications found to be in order, have the benefit of being offered a place in our courses before those applying later in the spring.