Industry, Market and Competition
The industrial sector is involved in many different markets, exhibiting a smaller or larger degree of competition.
- Why are some companies small while others are large?
- Is price competition forcing the large chains into offering cheap products, or is there room for stores that focus on quality?
- How many companies should there be in the market to ensure effective competition?
- What can the government do to prevent cartelization?
- Is the regulation of power companies sufficient to ensure that the customer pays a reasonable price?
- Does it matter if daycares and nursing homes are privately as opposed to publicly owned?