Statistical inference theory, asymptotic theory, time series analysis, frontier production functions and selection modelling in econometrics
- Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Univ.of Oslo, from 1982 to date
- Co-ordinator for the Programme of Co-operation between Dept. of Economics, Univ.of Oslo and Dept. of Economics, Univ.of Zimbabwe since 1995 to date.
- Visiting Professor at University of Zimbabwe, Department of Economics, 1996 Jan-Dec and 2002 Jan–Aug.
- Associate researcher at the “Frisch Centre for applied economic research”, Oslo from 1989 to 2002.
- Visiting Scholar at University of California, Berkeley, Department of Statistics, 1982 Jan-Dec.
- Lecturer, Department of Economics, Univ.of Oslo from 1972
- Dr. Philos (statistics), University of Oslo 1981
- Cand. Real in statistics, University of Oslo, 1971
- Lecturer of the year, Department of economics, University of Oslo, 2010