Scholarship in Advanced Methods and Research
There are three scholarships available for Master's students at the Department of Economics, UiO. You must choose Advanced Methods and Research, and complete a minimum of two 5000-level courses.
What is in it for you?
- The scholarships is NOK 15 000
- Invitation to all department seminars
- Choose Advanced Methods/Research
- Complete two requisite 5000 courses
- Write a thesis that could be the start of a doctoral dissertation
Who may apply?
Applicants have to be Master's students at the Department of Economics at the University of Oslo. The scholarship is available for students who will submit their thesis the spring or fall semester the next calendar year.
- Short application (1-2 pages) with at least the following information:
- a presentation of yourself
- your motivation for applying
- a work schedule for the rest of your master degree
- the name(s) of the supervisor
- A short description of what you are planning to write your Master thesis on
- Grades from higher education
How to apply
Please note that you have to upload all the documents in the online form.
Applications will be subject to assessment in May. Applicants will be notified by the end of the month.
Up to three scholarships are announced, but we may choose not to award any if no excellent candidates are found.