Eviane Leidig is an affiliated researcher at C-REX. She is a Research Fellow in Current and Emerging Threats at the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism (ICCT) in The Hague, Netherlands. Her research specializes on the global far right, gender, and online radicalization, recruitment, and propaganda. Her regional expertise includes transnational connections between India, North America, and Europe.
Eviane is also Head of Policy at the Centre for Analysis of the Radical Right (CARR) and an Associate Fellow at the Global Network on Extremism & Technology (GNET). She is a co-founder and co-editor of the new Manchester University Press book series 'Global Studies of the Far Right'.
Eviane received her PhD in sociology from the University of Oslo, funded by C-REX for the duration of her doctoral studies. During her PhD, she was a VOX-Pol sponsored visiting researcher at the Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, and a visiting researcher at New York University's department of Media, Culture, and Communication.
An outward facing researcher, Eviane regularly contributes to international media outlets and consults for policymakers, tech companies, and civil society organisations.
For more, see her personal website: evianeleidig.com. She tweets @evianeleidig.
- Leidig, Eviane (2020). Hindutva as a variant of right-wing extremism. Patterns of Prejudice. ISSN 0031-322X. 54(3), s 215- 237 . doi: 10.1080/0031322X.2020.1759861 Full text in Research Archive.
- Leidig, Eviane (2019). Immigrant, Nationalist and Proud: A Twitter Analysis of Indian Diaspora Supporters for Brexit and Trump. Media and Communication. ISSN 2183-2439. 7(1), s 77- 89 . doi: 10.17645/mac.v7i1.1629 Full text in Research Archive.
- Leidig, Eviane (ed.) (2020). Mainstreaming the Global Radical Right: CARR Yearbook 2019/20. Ibidem-Verlag. ISBN 9783838214467. 466 s.
- Leidig, Eviane (2021). From cyber-Hindutva to Ab Ki Baar Trump Sarkar: (Trans) national entanglements of Hindu diaspora political integration, In Ruben Gowricharn (ed.), Political Integration in Indian Diaspora Societies. Routledge. ISBN 9781003092155. Chapter 7. s 127 - 152
- Jupskås, Anders Ravik & Leidig, Eviane (ed.) (2020). Knowing what’s (far) right. A compendium.
- Leidig, Eviane (2020). '#CoronaJihad': How the Far-right in India is Responding to the Pandemic. Global Network on Extremism and Technology Insights.
- Leidig, Eviane (2020, 30. april). Dr Eviane Leidig on Hindutva & the Global Far-right, Yeah Nah Pasaran! podcast, 3CR Community Radio. [Radio]. Australia.
- Leidig, Eviane (2020). Global trends of the far right with focus on Central and Eastern Europe.
- Leidig, Eviane (2020). Reconfiguring nationalism: Transnational entanglements of Hindutva and radical right ideology. Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Leidig, Eviane (2020). The Extreme Right in India and its Ties to a Global Online Network.
- Leidig, Eviane (2020). Understanding the Global Far Right: Lessons from India.
- Leidig, Eviane (2017). Republic or Death! Travels in Search of National Anthems by Alex Marshall. Nations and Nationalism. ISSN 1354-5078. 23(2), s 427- 428 . doi: 10.1111/nana.12307