Younger Fellow Visiting Program
Every semester, the C-REX Visiting Fellow Program provides one grant to younger researchers in the field of right-wing extremism and far-right politics.
Picture from C-REX lunch room (Photo by Director of C-REX, Tore Bjørgo)
The Younger Fellow scholarship gives younger scholars - PhD students and postdoctoral fellows in particular - the opportunity to join the vibrant and cross-disciplinary research environment at C-REX.
The program is intended to facilitate short-term research stays, promoting the exchange of knowledge and experience, as well as networking, among colleagues working specifically on right-wing extremism and far right politics.
Next deadline: 1 September
The annual deadlines are normally 1 April and 15 September. Due to the coronavirus pandemic and travel restrictions, we have reduced the scope of our visiting fellowship in 2020 and 2021.
The next opportunity to apply has been postponed to September 1st 2021.
What we offer
- travel and accommodation costs for one month
- a workplace in our joint research room
- access to library and IT-services
- relevant seminars and workshops
What we expect
- Active participation in our seminars and workshops
- At least one paper presentation
- One post for our blog RightNow! about your ongoing project
- Applicants must be younger researchers (under 40) currently working on right-wing extremism or far-right politics
- Applications should include a motivation letter (including a description of your ongoing research projects) and CV.
For more information about the program, please contact administrative head of the C-REX.