MA student grant
C-REX offers NOK 10,000 and supervision for MA students writing a thesis on right-wing extremism, linked to one of three research projects.
Application deadline: 20 August 2021.
C-REX offers grants for the academic year 2021/2022. Successful applicants are expected to submit their MA thesis in spring 2022. Students enrolled in a Master’s program within the social sciences, law and the humanities are eligible to apply.
Students affiliated with C-REX become part of an inspiring and multi-disciplinary group of academics and are expected to participate in relevant joint activities at the center, including monthly academic seminars.
C-REX invites students to write a thesis as part of one of the following research projects:
- RTV grant: Right-wing violence and terrorism
- FREXO grant: Far-right extremism online and societal resilience
- INTERSECT grant: Intersecting flows of Islamophobia
Before submitting your project description (maximum 2 pages), please make sure that your MA project fits with the core ideas of the research project.
Having a C-REX researcher as your (co-)supervisor is a requirement. In order to ensure that your project overlaps with the centre's research interests, you are encouraged to contact the relevant researcher(s) when preparing your project proposal:
- Jacob Aasland Ravndal (RTV)
- Øyvind Bugge Solheim (FREXO)
- Torkel Brekke and Iselin Frydenlund (INTERSECT)
The grant amounts to NOK 10,000 (5,000 is transferred at the beginning of the period, the final 5,000 is paid upon the MA thesis’ completion).
By offering student scholarships, C-REX aims to:
- Encourage the production of MA theses contributing to increased research activity within C-REX’s prioritized fields
- Create interest in Extremism Studies among MA students, thereby strengthening the recruitment to the field
The application should be sent by e-mail to Marit Eldholm and include:
- Project description (maximum 2 pages)
- Name of (co-)supervisor
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work)
- Copies of transcripts
Deadline: 20 August 2021
We wish to attract students with projects holding a high academic standard. We will give preference to applicants with a combination of the following:
- Good marks
- A good project proposal
- A realistic time schedule
- A project fitting with the core ideas of one of C-REX' research projects
The candidates will be selected by C-REX deputy director Anders Jupskås in cooperation with supervisors/project staff.
Contact administrative manager Marit Eldholm