The aftermath of the European election
What will be the final outcome of the European election and how will this affect Norway? Prominent researchers, journalists and politicians will discuss this during our event at Arendalsuka.
Illustration: European Parliament, Ap, Høyre, Morgenbladet, ARENA, UiO
What is the status two months after the European elections? What is likely to be the final results in terms of both policy and a new leadership of the EU?
Populists increased their support, but do they gain power? The Greens and the Liberals increased too and gained importance, while the Social Democrats and the Conservatives declined in support.
What does this mean for Europe - and for Norway (and the EEA Agreement)?
- Espen Barth Eide, Member of Parliament (Labour Party) and former Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Heidi Nordby Lunde, Member of Parliament (Conservative Party) and President of the European Movement in Norway
- Sten Inge Jørgensen, journalist in Morgenbladet and author
- Erik O. Eriksen, professor and director of ARENA, University of Oslo
- Christopher Lord, professor at ARENA, University of Oslo
Mads A. Danielsen, +47 479 04 759, email@example.com