ARENA student grant
ARNEA is looking for students who are interested in writing an MA thesis on a topic of their own choice within our research field.
ARENA offers 1-2 grants for students who wish to write on a topic of their choice of relevance to the research at ARENA.
- Prior enrolment in an MA-programme and meet the academic progress requirements of that programme
- Write an MA thesis in a Nordic language or English on a topic relevant for ARENA's research
- (Co-)Supervisor from ARENA
- Daily workspace at ARENA from October 2019 until June 2020
- Submit the thesis during the spring term 2020
Please see our list of themes for a masters thesis that ARENA researchers might find of interest.
We recommend that you contact that researcher whose field your project ties in with whilst working on your project outline, before you apply for the ARENA student scholarship. There should be a distinct overlap between the thematic focus of the applicant's project and the projects of the ARENA researchers
Deadline: Sunday 16 June 2019
The application should include:
- Letter of motivation, indicating which topic you wish to address – and briefly why and how you intend to address it (1-2 pages)
- CV (including information on current studies and references)
- Copies of transcripts from BA and MA
- A sample of your written work, such as a seminar paper or bachelor thesis.
Evaluation and selection criteria
We wish to attract students holding high academic standards. We will give preference to applicants with a combination of: good grades, a convincing letter of motivation, and proficiency in English writing.
- 16 June 2019: Deadline for application
- Before 20 June: Announcement of the selected candidates
Rights and duties
The following duties will apply to you as a student:
- Finish your MA thesis within the outlined time frame
- Contribute to relevant ARENA activities during your time at ARENA, including ARENA’s regular Tuesday seminars
- Have your daily workspace at ARENA from October 2019 until June 2020
- Have an ARENA researcher as supervisor
Your rights as a student at ARENA are:
- Supervision by a researcher from ARENA
- Grant of NOK 20,000
- Publication of your MA thesis in the ARENA report series (subject to an assessment by ARENA's Director).