MA student grants
Through the student scholarships ARENA offers a workspace and supervision for MA students writing a thesis within our research field. The 2019 deadline is 3 June.
About the student scholarships
ARENA offers 6-7 grants from October and until the end of the academic year. Successful applicants are expected to submit their MA thesis during the Spring term. Students enrolled in a Master’s programme within the social sciences, law and the humanities are eligible to apply.
ARENA affiliated students become part of the academic collegium. The students will be offered a workspace at ARENA’s new premises in the Nemko building next to the Oslo Science Park (Forskningsparken) and are expected to participate in relevant joint activities at the centre.
Students can choose to apply for the following ARENA student grants:
- General grant on a topic of your choice (1-2 grants)
- GLOBUS grant on the EU, foreign policy and global justice (2-3 grants)
- EU3D grant on European integration and democracy (1-2 grants)
Having an ARENA researcher as your (co-)supervisor is a requirement. In order to ensure that your project overlaps with ARENA’s research interests, you are encouraged to contact the relevant researcher(s) when preparing your project proposal.
The grant amounts to NOK 20,000 (10,000 is transferred at the beginning of the period, the final 10,000 is paid upon the MA thesis’ completion).
The aim of the scholarship
By offering student scholarships, ARENA aims to:
- Encourage the production of MA theses contributing to increased research activity within ARENA’s prioritized fields
- Create interest in European Studies among MA students, and thereby strengthening the recruitment to the field