Trym Nohr Fjørtoft
Fjørtoft's PhD project examines the tension between expertise and democracy in European agencies as part of the REFLEX project.
Trym Nohr Fjørtoft holds an MA in Political Science and a BA in International Studies from the University of Oslo. He was an exchange student at the Freie Universität Berlin, with a personal mobility grant from E.ON Ruhrgas, in 2012–2013 and a visiting researcher at the European University Institute in Florence in 2020. Fjørtoft has also been a seminar teacher in Political Philosophy and Introduction to Political Science at the University of Oslo.
Fjørtoft is part of the project Democracy and Expert Rule: The Quest for Reflexive Legitimacy (REFLEX), funded by Research Council Norway.
See his personal website for more information.
- Fjørtoft, Trym Nohr (2020). More power, more control: The legitimizing role of expertise in Frontex after the refugee crisis. Regulation & Governance. ISSN 1748-5983. . doi: 10.1111/rego.12373 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Fjørtoft, Trym Nohr (2020). Teknisk ekspertise kan være en politisk ressurs. Stat og styring. ISSN 0803-0103. 30(3), s 12- 15
- Fjørtoft, Trym Nohr (2019). Frontex, Expertise and the Refugee Crisis.
- Fjørtoft, Trym Nohr (2018). The Role of Expertise in Frontex.
- Fjørtoft, Trym Nohr (2016). Coping or Hoping Mechanisms: Evaluating the Effectiveness of National Human Rights Institutions.