Stine Hesstvedt's academic interests include elections and electoral behaviour, and the role of expertise and knowledge in politics and policymaking. Her PhD-project is a part of EUREX (Expertization of public inquiry commissions in a Europeanized administrative order).
Hesstvedt holds her MA and BA in Political Science from the University of Oslo. She has also spent a semester on the Master of European Affairs programme at Sciences Po Paris. Prior to joining ARENA, Hesstvedt worked as a research assistant at the Norwegian National Election Study at Institute for Social Research.
- Hesstvedt, Stine & Christensen, Johan (2018). Expertisation or greater representation? Evidence from Norwegian advisory commissions. European Politics and Society. ISSN 2374-5118. . doi: 10.1080/23745118.2018.1515861
- Hesstvedt, Stine (2018). Controlling the Expert? A Study of Norwegian Public Advisory Commissions 1972-2016..
- Hesstvedt, Stine (2018). Controlling the Experts? A Study of Norwegian Public Inquiry Commissions 1972-2016 (ECPR). Show summary
- Hesstvedt, Stine (2017). Expertization of Policy Advice: A Cross-Sectoral Analysis..
- Hesstvedt, Stine & Karlsen, Rune (2017). Stortingskandidater : rapport fra stortingskandidatundersøkelsen 2013. Rapport – Institutt for samfunnsforskning. 2017:05. Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Hesstvedt, Stine (2016). Ideology, Knowledge and Context. A multilevel study of "Political Sophistication" across 21 countries. Master thesis..
- Aardal, Bernt; Bergh, Johannes & Hesstvedt, Stine (2015). Vinner man valget hvis man vinner flytvelgerne?. Dagsavisen. ISSN 1503-2892.
- Kleven, Øyvin; Aardal, Bernt; Bergh, Johannes; Hesstvedt, Stine & Hindenes, Ådne (2015). Valgundersøkelsen 2013. Dokumentasjons- og tabellrapport.