Internship at OECD spring 2018
Students at the University of Oslo can apply for internships at OECD in Paris. The Internship Programme is open for bachelor's and master's students. Application deadline: 30th of October.
OECD Corporate Internship Programme
The OECD Internship Programme has been designed to bring highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the Organisation to work on projects linked to the Strategic Orientations of the Secretary-General. Its main goal is to give to successful candidates an opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills as well as the experience to work in a truly international environment.
Retained candidates will carry out research and provide statistical and technical support for analytical work, under the direction of an OECD official.
Possible areas involved – non-exhaustive list
- Economics (Macroeconomics and Microeconomics)
- Tax Policy and Administration
- Development Co-operation
- Science, Technology and Industry
- Financial and Enterprise Affairs
- Employment, Labour and Social Affairs
- Trade and Agriculture
- Public Governance and Territorial Development
- Public Affairs and Communication
- Legal Affairs
- Corporate operative services, such as Budget and Finance, Information Technology, Internal Audit, Translation, Human Resources among others
- Research, data analysis and drafting
- Participate in the preparation of studies and documents in areas of work of the Directorate or Service concerned.
- Carry out documental research and review of existing material.
- Gather, organise and evaluate data.
- Contribute to the production of documents, working papers and publications resulting from the above activities, including drafting notes and preparing technical annexes.
- Liaison and outreach
- Participate in the organization of meetings and seminars.
- Establish and maintain professional contacts and build networks with officials in national administrations, researchers, other international organisations and member country Delegations.
- Undertake other tasks as may be required.
Full time student in the field of economics or in another discipline related to the work of the OECD (social affairs, trade, agriculture, development, education, employment, environment, finance, fiscal affairs and statistics, among others).
International experience in research and analytical activities through studies, internships or professional activities will be an asset.
Strong quantitative and computer skills. Knowledge of the software package Microsoft Office.
An excellent command of one of the two official languages of the OECD (English and French) and working knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the other. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by academic success and professional achievements.
- Genuine interest in the work of OECD in promoting international co-operation.
- Ability to plan and implement independent Research.
- Proven ability to organise and summarise complex material.
- Good organisational skills, ability to work effectively on the basis of general instructions with the capacity to prioritise tasks, often according to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural and team oriented environment and to adapt to changing working methods and technologies.
- Excellent drafting and communication skills.
The duration of the traineeship is from one to twelve months. Starting date to be confirmed. Full-time programme (40h per week).
Send your cover letter of max one page, CV and transcript of your degree in English to sibel.thorsen-hazir(a)sv.uio.no. In the e-mail you have to state your nationality, programme degree, languages, area of interest, availability between January and June 2018 and expected graduation date.