Anjan Sarkar Illustration
The primary objective of this project is to develop anthropological theory by bringing together research on property and kinship.
- To add a significant dimension to the study of contemporary kinship by examining the significance of the material in both constituting and reproducing kin relations
- To contribute to socio-legal research on inheritance through interdisciplinary and international collaboration.
- To bring an original and theoretically ambitious approach to the study of Norwegian 'hytter'.
- To establish an interdisciplinary network of scholars in Social Anthropology, Socio-Legal Studies, Law and Consumer research.
- Strengthen anthropological research in the area of Comparative Nordic Ethnography
- To strengthen comparative ethnographic research between in the UK and Norway;
- - Build collaborative research between UiO (SAI) and independent research institutions (SIFO)