Psychology and life
This exciting new European adaptation of Gerrig and Zimbardo's classic text offers a greater focus on current Scandinavian research while retaining the same rigorous, scientific approach and enthusiasm for applying psychology to daily life that has made it so popular with students.
Richard J. Gerrig
Philip G. Zimbardo
Psychology and Life introduces students to the core areas of psychology by showing them just how relevant these topics are to their day to day lives. Bringing Gerrig and Zimbardo’s classic textbook, now in its 19th edition, to a European audience, this exciting new adaptation for students of introductory psychology offers a greater focus on current European research while retaining the same rigorous, scientific approach and enthusiasm for applying psychology to daily life that has made it so popular with students.
- ‘Psychology in your life’ and ‘Critical thinking in your life’ boxes ask students to consider questions such as “How can memory research help you prepare for exams?” and “Why and how do people lie?”
- ‘Research in your life interviews’ shine a light on current psychologists’ research and what made them decide to study psychology
- Cutting-edge research and examples of experiments showcase some of the most exciting European research in psychology
- 'Practice tests’ allow students to test themselves on what they have learnt about each topic
- Case studies and examples encourage students to consider how these topics are relevant to our daily lives