Vidar Blokhus Ekroll
Theory and practice. Psychodynamic/self psychology, client centered, existential and integrative approaches.
I am currently working on a PHD, focusing on how client reports of psychotherapy content is related to different long-term change trajectories. My project is connected to the larger study “An intensive process-outcome study of the interpersonal aspects of psychotherapy”, led by Helge Rønnestad.
Also interested in:
Moral psychology, consciousness, cognitive neuroscience, psyche and soma, social psychology, personality and intelligence.
Higher education and employment history
PhD-student at the Department of Psychology, UiO, and clinician at Ahus, fall 2011 →
Cand.Psychol (psychologist) at the Department of Psychology, UiO, spring 2011
Bachelor degree (social psychology) at the Department of Psychology, UiO, spring 2006
- Ekroll, Vidar Blokhus & Rønnestad, Michael Helge (2017). Exploring Associations Between Therapy Factors and Post-therapy Development After Naturalistic Psychotherapies. Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy. ISSN 0022-0116. s 1- 11 . doi: 10.1007/s10879-017-9366-7
- Ekroll, Vidar Blokhus & Rønnestad, Michael Helge (2017). Processes and changes experienced by clients during and after naturalistic good-outcome therapies conducted by experienced psychotherapists. Psychotherapy Research. ISSN 1050-3307. 27(4), s 450- 468 . doi: 10.1080/10503307.2015.1119326
- Ekroll, Vidar Blokhus (2015). Langtidseffekter av psykoterapi. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. ISSN 0332-6470. 52(4), s 334- 337
- Ekroll, Vidar Blokhus & Rønnestad, Michael Helge (2015). Treatment factors of potential relevance to long-term outcome: -An exploration from the clients’ perspective..
- Ekroll, Vidar Blokhus & Rønnestad, Michael Helge (2014). Paths to different post-therapy movements: A mixed methods follow-up study.