- Personality and Social Psychology
- Development from temperament to personality throughout childhood and adolescence
- Child-environment interactions as mechanisms underlying personality development
- Structural Equation Modeling
- Quantitative Methodology
From temperament to personality: A longitudinal study of Norwegian children and adolescents from 18 months to 19 years.
The project is part of the extensive Tracking Opportunities and Problems in Childhood and Adolescence Study (TOPP) developed at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health which involves eight waves of data collection from 18 months to 19 years.
Higher education and employment history:
2011: Master of Philosophy in Psychology, University of Oslo/ University of Copenhagen, Denmark. Master's Thesis: Between a Rock and a Hard Place. A cross-sectional and longitudinal investigation of the psychosomatic consequences of witnesses to workplace bullying.
2008-2009: Market Economy Studies, Norwegian Business School.
2006-2008: Bachelor in Social Psychology, Department of Psychology, University of Oslo / Department of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley.
Supervising Bachelor- and Master Theses in Psychology
PSY1101 Introduction to Social- and Personality Psychology
PSY2101 Health Psychology
PSY 4600 Society, Health, and Development
- Bårdstu, Silje; Karevold, Evalill Bølstad & von Soest, Tilmann (2017). Childhood antecedents of Agreeableness: A longitudinal study from preschool to late adolescence. journal of Research in Personality. ISSN 0092-6566. 67, s 202- 214 . doi: 10.1016/j.jrp.2016.10.007
- Nilsen, Wendy; Kjeldsen, Anne; Karevold, Evalill Bølstad; Skipstein, Anni; Helland, Maren Sand; Gustavson, Kristin; Enstad, Frøydis; Bårdstu, Silje; Røysamb, Espen; von Soest, Tilmann & Mathiesen, Kristin Schjelderup (2017). Cohort profile: The Tracking Opportunities and Problems Study (TOPP) – A study of Norwegian children and their parents followed from infancy to adulthood. International Journal of Epidemiology. ISSN 0300-5771. . doi: 10.1093/ije/dyx057