I have focused on surveys of and primary prevention of adolescents’ alcohol and drug abuse with a focus on social psychological mediating factors (attitudes, social influence via injunctive and descriptive norms, self-efficacy expectations, coping, alcohol- and other outcome expectancies, intentions etc.). I am also interested in other health related behaviors (psysical activity, HIV/AIDS prevention etc.) as long as it is related to primary prevention, adolescents and possible mediating (and moderating) mechanisms. I am interested in evaluation of normal-population campaigns targeting health related behaviors (spec. alcohol and drugs) and the development of such campaigns. At the time being I work with analyzes of adolescents’ alcohol use from age 13 till 30 in a longitudinal two-generation survey, with focus on possible mediators/moderators (VITT-data, HEMIL, Univ. of Bergen) . Further I am involved with a longitudinal survey to evaluate “Unge & Rus” in all Oslo-schools together with RBUP, Univ. of Tromsø.
- PSYC3203 - Anvendt sosialpsykologi
- PSYC3102 - Prosjekt - sosialpsykologi
- PSY4103 - Anvendt Sosialpsykologi
Higher education and employment history
- Cand. Psychol. from Univ. of Bergen 1987
- After graduating I worked one year clinically mainly with adults’ alcohol and drug problems
- Ph.D. at HEMIL, Univ. of Bergen in 1995 and the theses was about adolescents’ socialization to alcoholuse, focusing on alcohol expectancies.
- I had one year in Minnesota at School of Public Health during my Ph.D. period.
- I also spent one year at UNGforsk in 1992 with research on youth and health related behaviors.
- At SIRUS I evaluated a 20 million kroner’s national campaig against illegal spirits (1992-1995) via longitudinal surveys.
- In 1996 I worked at SINTEF Unimed with many short term health related research projects
- started at Psychological Inst. Univ. of Oslo in 1997 where I still am. I have all the time been working with Social Psychology
- 20 % position at RBUP univ. of Tromsø - evaluation of Unge & Rus
- HEMIL center, Univ. of Bergen, VITT - follow up on a longitudinal survey about adolescence and alcohol which started in 1990
- SINTEF Unimed, Oslo, primary prevention of drug use in Malawi
- Adolfsen, Frode; Strøm, Henriette Kyrrestad; Martinussen, Monica; Handegård, Bjørn Helge; Natvig, Henrik; Eisemann, Martin & Koposov, Roman A (2017). Parent participation in alcohol prevention: Evaluation of an alcohol prevention programme. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. ISSN 1455-0725. 34(6), s 456- 470 . doi: 10.1177/1455072517732276 Full text in Research Archive.
- Wisting, Line Norøm; Bang, Lasse; Natvig, Henrik; Skrivarhaug, Torild; Dahl-Jørgensen, Knut; Lask, Bryan & Rø, Øyvind (2016). Metabolic Control and Illness Perceptions in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes. Journal of Diabetes Research. ISSN 2314-6745. 2016 . doi: 10.1155/2016/3486094
- Strøm, Henriette Kyrrestad; Adolfsen, Frode; Handegård, Bjørn Helge; Natvig, Henrik; Eisemann, Martin; Martinussen, Monica & Koposov, Roman A (2015). Preventing alcohol use with a universal school-based intervention: results from an effectiveness study. BMC Public Health. ISSN 1471-2458. 15:337 . doi: 10.1186/s12889-015-1704-7 Full text in Research Archive.
- Adolfsen, Frode; Strøm, Henriette Kyrrestad; Martinussen, Monica; Natvig, Henrik; Eisemann, Martin; Handegård, Bjørn Helge & Koposov, Roman A (2014). Early drinking onset: A study of prevalence and determinants among 13-year-old adolescents in Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. ISSN 0036-5564. 55(5), s 505- 512 . doi: 10.1111/sjop.12151 Full text in Research Archive.
- Hoel, Erik; Azalde, Gloria; Munthali, Alister; Eide, Arne Henning; Natvig, Henrik & Braathen, Stine Hellum (2014). The context and consequences of liquor sachets use among young people in Malawi. African Journal of Drug and Alcohol Studies. ISSN 1531-4065. 13(2) Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Koposov, Roman A; Strøm, Henriette Kyrrestad; Adolfsen, Frode; Handegård, Bjørn Helge; Natvig, Henrik; Eisemann, Martin & Martinussen, Monica (2017). Effectiveness of a school-based alcohol preventive intervention in Norway..
- Natvig, Henrik (2017). Å motstå fristelser – atferd i endring. Speilvendt.no. (3), s 44- 45 Show summary
- Braathen, Stine Hellum; Azalde, Gloria; Hoel, Erik; Natvig, Henrik; Eide, Arne Henning & Munthali, Alister (2015). The context and consequences of alcohol consumption among children in poor contexts in Malawi.
- Wisting, Line Norøm; Frøisland, Dag Helge; Skrivarhaug, Torild; Dahl-Jørgensen, Knut; Bang, Lasse; Natvig, Henrik; Lask, Bryan & Rø, Øyvind (2015). Comorbid type 1 diabetes and disturbed eating behaviors - assessment, prevalence, psychological correlates and metabolic Control..
- Wisting, Line Norøm; Frøisland, Dag Helge; Skrivarhaug, Torild; Dahl-Jørgensen, Knut; Bang, Lasse; Natvig, Henrik; Lask, Bryan & Rø, Øyvind (2015). Type 1 diabetes and Disturbed Eating Behaviors - Comorbidity, Prevalence, Psychological Correlates and Metabolic Control..