Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Psychology
Visiting address Forskningsveien 3A Harald Schjelderups hus 0373 OSLO
Postal address Postboks 1094 Blindern 0317 OSLO
- Causes of suicidal behaviour, risk and protective factors, drug collecting behaviour among patients with a history of deliberate self-poisoning, diversity in trajectories leading to as well as following crises
- Causal models for repeat episodes of depression, relation between depression and suicidality
- Treatment of depression and suicidality
- Mindfulness-based interventions for patients with repeat episodes of depression and deliberate self-harm
- Developmental psychopathology, risk and resilience, challenges in translational research, e.g.; from causal findings to efficient preventive interventions
- Multi-method designs
Higher education and employment history
- Bergljot Gjelsvik is a PhD candidate at the Department of Psychology, UiO, Gjelsvik’s position being part of a programme combining research with clinical specialization towards becoming a consultant clinical psychologist.
- Gjelsvik has initiated and currently works with the research project “After the suicide attempt. A longitudinal study of suicidal careers and effects of aftercare”. The purpose of the study is to investigate causes of suicidal behaviour, with particular emphasis on mechanisms underpinning continuing risk for repeat episodes of suicidal behaviour over time.
- As part of her clinical training towards becoming a consultant clinical psychologist, Gjelsvik is reading for the MSt in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) at Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, UK.
- Gjelsvik, Bergljot; Kappelmann, Nils; von Soest, Tilmann; HInze, Verena; Baer, Ruth; Hawton, Keith & Crane, Catherine (2018). Thought-Action Fusion in Individuals with a History of Recurrent Depression and Suicidal Depression: Findings from a Community Sample. Cognitive Therapy and Research. ISSN 0147-5916.
- Heinrich, Julia F.; Gjelsvik, Bergliot & Martin, Maryanne (2018). Implicit identification with illness in patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Cognitive Therapy and Research. ISSN 0147-5916. s 1- 12 . doi: 10.1007/s10608-017-9888-z
- Gjelsvik, Bergljot; Heyerdahl, Fridtjof; Holmes, Jane; Lunn, Daniel & Hawton, Keith (2017). Is There a Relationship between Suicidal Intent and Lethality in Deliberate Self-Poisoning?. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behaviour. ISSN 0363-0234. 47(2), s 205- 216 . doi: 10.1111/sltb.12277
- Gjelsvik, Bergljot; Heyerdahl, Fridtjof; Holmes, Jane; Lunn, Daniel & Hawton, Keith (2017). Looking Back on Self-Poisoning: The Relationship between Depressed Mood and Reporting of Suicidal Intent in People Who Deliberately Self-Poison. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behaviour. ISSN 0363-0234. 47(2), s 228- 241 . doi: 10.1111/sltb.12278
- Chatburn, Eleanor; Benum, Kirsten; Oddli, Hanne & Gjelsvik, Bergljot (2017). Key characteristics of flash-forwards in recurrently suicidal patients.
- Gjelsvik, Bergliot (2017). Fra laboratoriet til terapirommet. Suicidologi. ISSN 1501-6994. 22(3), s 22- 26
- Gjelsvik, Bergljot (2017, 16. mai). Ekspert reagerer på brev om selvmord. Verdens Gang.
- Gjelsvik, Bergljot (2017). Turister i nattens lugar. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. ISSN 0332-6470. s 670- 676
- Gjelsvik, Bergljot; Chatburn, Eleanor; Benum, Kirsten & Oddli, Hanne (2017). Suicidal imagery: A catalyst in the suicidal process?.
- Oddli, Hanne; Benum, Kirsten; Chatburn, Eleanor & Gjelsvik, Bergljot (2017). 'I wanted to kill the body, not the experience'. Suicidal imagery as transitional space..
Published Sep. 21, 2010 10:01 AM - Last modified Aug. 6, 2013 2:26 PM