My research interests are mainly within political philosophy. My PhD project examined contemporary Lockean justifications of territorial (jurisdictional) rights. In my postdoc project, I continue to work on issues of territorial justice, but I now focus on the ethics of migration and the just distribution of natural resources. I also work on normative issues related to voting rights.
I received my PhD in Political Science (University of Oslo) in 2013. I was appointed Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in the Department of Political Science, University of Oslo, in September 2013, and I spent the academic year 2015-2016, as Visiting Postdoctoral Research Associate in the University Center for Human Values, Princeton University.
Practical Philosophy Working Group (Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Arts and Ideas. University of Oslo).
Angell, Kim (forthcoming): "New Territorial Rights for Sinking Island States", in European Journal of Political Theory.
Angell, Kim, and Robert Huseby (2017): "Should Irregular Immigrants Be (Rapidly) Enfranchised?", in Political Research Quarterly, Vol. 70, No. 2: 363-373.
Angell, Kim (2017): “A Forward-Looking Justification of Territorial Rights”, in Political Studies, Vol. 65, No. 1.
Angell, Kim (2016): “Territory, Desert, and Global Distributive Justice”, in C. Boisen and M. C. Murray (eds.): Distributive Justice Debates in Social and Political Thought: Finding a Fair Share. Routledge.
Angell, Kim (2013): “Do Insecure Property Rights Ground Rights of Jurisdiction? Miller on Territorial Justice”, in Res Publica, Vol. 19, No.2: 183-192.
- Angell, Kim (2017). A Forward-Looking Justification of Territorial Rights. Political Studies. ISSN 0032-3217. 65(1), s 231- 247 . doi: 10.1177/0032321715619432
- Angell, Kim & Huseby, Robert (2017). Should Irregular Immigrants Be (Rapidly) Enfranchised?. Political research quarterly. ISSN 1065-9129. 70(2), s 363- 373 . doi: 10.1177/1065912917695188
- Angell, Kim (2016). Hvor går grensen? Om Staters territorielle rettigheter, I: Raino Sverre Malnes (red.), Velkommen til statsvitenskap. Gyldendal Akademisk. ISBN 978-82-05-49471-8. Kapittel 22. s 366 - 379
- Angell, Kim (2016). Territory, Desert, and Global Distributive Justice, In Camilla Boisen & Matthew C. Murray (ed.), Distributive Justice Debates in Social and Political Thought: Finding a Fair Share. Routledge. ISBN 9781138829763. Kapittel 11. s 212 - 229
- Angell, Kim (2013). Do Insecure Property Rights Ground Rights of Jurisdiction? Miller on Territorial Justice. Res Publica. ISSN 1356-4765. 19(2), s 183- 192 . doi: 10.1007/s11158-012-9201-7