International migration; European immigration policy; Comparative integration policies in welfare states and in the Nordic region as well as historical studies of immigration to Norway.
Bachelor and Master: Citizenship, welfare state, international migration and ethnic relations
- SOS2800 - Internasjonalisering, medborgerskap og velferdsstat I
- SOS4090 - Masteroppgave i sosiologi
- SOS4800 - Internasjonalisering, medborgerskap og velferdsstat II
- Dr. polit. University of Oslo, 1990
- Research Director, Institute for Social Research, Oslo 1995-2007
- Guest Researcher, Université Catholique de Louvain, Groupe d'Étude des Migrations et des Relations Interethniques (GREM) 1991-92
- Visiting Scholar, University of California at Berkeley 1999-2000
- Willy Brandt professor, University of Malmo, Sweden 2002
- Visiting Scholar Boston College, Boston 2007-2008
Full CV (in PDF)
Grete Brochmann has held a series of position in the Research Council of Norway; she has been board member at PRIO, ARENA, Freedom of Expression Foundation, The Norwegian Refugee Council, The Swedish research Council FAS among others. She has been member of two Governmental Commissions, and is currently leading one on International migration and the Norwegian welfare model. She has also held positions within the European research environment: Different COST committees, the European Science Foundation, Ludwig Bolzman Stiftung (Vienna), AMID (Aalborg) as well as the Swedish power and integration commission.