Workshop on Inequality and Welfare States
GIWeS is organizing a NORFACE WSF (Welfare State Futures) thematic workshop on inequality and welfare states.
The Workshop will consist of an opening panel comprising overviews of WSF projects, which will be followed by paper sessions.
• implications of behavioral economics for the economics of welfare
• fiscal compliance and personal responsibility
• globalization, work and welfare
• natural and lab experiments
• behavior, institutions and inequalities
GIWeS research project
"Globalization, Institutions, and the Welfare State" is a comparative study about the effects of globalisation on the European economies and their welfare states in Austria, Germany, Norway, and the UK. The Project is coordinated by Kalle Moene, and the cooperation partners are ESOP, the Frisch Centre, the University College of London and the University of Linz.
The project is a part of the research programme Welfare State Futures.