Marte Strøm defends her Ph.D. thesis
M.Phil. Marte Strøm at the Department of Economics will defend her dissertation for the Ph.D. degree: "Double Income Households - 4 Essays on Children, Votes and Parents' Labor Supply"
Time and place for trial lecture
Monday June 11, 2012, 11.15 in aud. 2, Eilert Sundts hus: "Why do women earn less than men?"
The dissertation investigates how having children affects labor supply and wages in Norway during the period 1997 to 2007. In addition it studies how individual voting behavior depends on own income and spouse income.
- Professor Nabanita Datta Gupta, Aarhus School of Business, Aarhus University
- Professor Markus Jäntti, Swedish Institute for Social Research, Stockholm University
- Professor II Knut Røed, Department of Economics and ESOP, University of Oslo
- Associate Professor Jo Thori Lind, Department of Economics and ESOP, University of Oslo
- Professor Karl Ove Moene, Department of Economics and ESOP, University of Oslo