The ESOP Scholarship
When deciding topics for your master thesis, you should consider choosing a project with relevance for one or more of ESOP’s research areas. If you do so, you could apply for The ESOP Scholarship, which grant you money, prestige, and access to a dynamic and ambitious research environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Each scholarship is NOK 15 000 paid in one payment.
- A personal work space with a computer
- You are invited to attend ESOP’s research seminars and workshops
- You may receive financial support for project related travels.
The Master Thesis
To be considered for the ESOP scholarship, the thesis must be relevant to one or more of ESOP's research areas. Applicants are supposed to have at least one supervisor among the ESOP research staff. Applicants should contact their supervisor to discuss a project plan.
Who may Apply?
Applicants should be Master Students at the Department of Economics, or at other departments at the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Oslo. Preferably you should write your thesis in the spring 2018.
October 20, 2017
- Short application (1-2 pages) with at least the following information:
- a presentation of yourself
- your motivation for applying
- a work schedule for the rest of your master degree
- the name(s) of the supervisor and/or the proposed ESOP supervisor
- A project description for the thesis (2-5 pages)
- Grades from higher education.
How to apply
The application with all the enclosures are sent to the Department using the following website: https://nettskjema.uio.no/answer/64254.html
Applications will be subject to assessment in November 2017. Applicants will be notified by the end of the month.
Up to four ESOP scholarships are announced, but we may choose not to award any if no excellent candidates are found.