How to stay updated on your studies
The information on this page applies to all students at The Faculty of Social Sciences. If you are attending courses at other faculties they may have different information routines.
Check Mine studier
- "Mine studier" is a personal portal where you can check your schedule and receive messages
- You will also find links to your course pages and your study program if you are attending one
- You can subscribe to your schedule
Check UiO webpages
We expect you to always be updated on the information on these pages:
course page and semester page. Find your course:
Manage your studies - info about diploma, leave of absence etc.
The information is updated for the following semester in the end of May/November. After this date further changes will be announced in Mine studier.
Check your UiO e-mail
- The Faculty will only send e-mails to your UiO e-mail account
- Set up e-mail forwarding to another account if you don't check it regularly. IT services can help you with this.
- If the courses you are attending use Fronter you will find a link on the semester page
- You hand in home assingnments in Fronter
- Some teachers also use Fronter to give their students information
- You have to use the portal StudentWeb to register as a student each semester
- You will also find details about your exams, and your exam results
- Check 'My active courses' to see your course registrations
Events, jobs and scholarships
- Events are announced on our web page
- You will also be tipped about events on Facebook, see relevant pages in the right column
- Particularly interesting events will be announced in Mine studier
- Jobs (and internships) are annonunced in Karrieresenterets jobbportal. Student positions at The Faculty of Social Science will be announced on Mine studier.
- Scholarships are annonunced on SV-fakultetets stipendside