Guest student on master courses at the Department of Economics
External candidates are not admitted to take our master's courses, but you may get a visiting student status. Visiting students can attend lectures and seminars in master's courses, and may sit the examination.
Who can apply for visiting student status?
To apply for visiting student status, you have to fulfill one of the three criteria below:
- You are currently a student on another master's programme at UiO or another Norwegian university/university college, and can document that the course(s) you want to take at the Department of Economics can be included as part of the programme.
- You have completed a master's degree in Economics at UiO or another Norwegian University.
- You want to take one or more of the 5000-code courses, in order to qualify for the PhD-programme. To get the guest status in this case, you need to have the academic background that will qualify for applying for admission to the PhD-programme after taking these courses.
How to apply?
Fill in and submit the online application form. The form opens two months before the deadline.
If you have not previously been enrolled at the University of Oslo, you must upload the following documentation in the online application form:
- Basic qualifications registration form
- High School Diploma or similar
- Bachelor's Degree Diploma
- Documentation of English Proficiency
- Transcript showing the courses you have currently completed at your master's programme
Admission to courses for autumn semester: 1 August
Admission to courses for spring semester: 5 Januar
Answer to application
The applications will we assessed after the deadline has expired
The answer is sent by e-mail