ARENA student grants
ARENA offers a workspace and supervision for MA students writing a thesis within the centre's research field. The grants are announced annually.
2018 Student Grants: Deadline 1 June 2018
By offering student scholarships, ARENA aims to:
- Encourage the production of MA theses contributing to increased research activity within ARENA’s prioritized fields
- Create interest in European Studies among MA students, and thereby strengthening the recruitment to the field
- Tutoring by one of ARENA's researchers
- A workspace alongside other ARENA students and research assistants
- A grant of NOK 25,000 (per 2018) 15,000 is transferred at the beginning of the period, the final 10,000 is paid upon the MA thesis’ completion.
- Publication of your MA thesis in the ARENA report series (subject to an assessment by the ARENA research director)
Get inspired by reading interviews with earlier grantees:
- Students should be enrolled in MA-programme within Social Sciences and Humanities, and meet the academic progress requirements of their programme
- Write your MA thesis on the topic relevant to the research fields of study at ARENA
- Contact ARENA researcher before submitting application
- Have your daily workspace at ARENA (Spring term)
- Submit thesis during the Spring term
Additional requirements and grant specific information in the announcements on the top of the page.