Health, Safety and the Environment (HSE) at ARENA
HSE responsible: Ida Hjelmesæth
Safety delegate: Espen D. H. Olsen
Deputy safety delegate: Marianne Riddervold
Responsible in the case of fire:
Ida Hjelmesæth (substitute: Geir Kværk)
The safety delegate
- The safety representative represents the interest of the staff members in cases relating to the working environment.
- The safety representative is to ensure that the activity at the workplace is structured and carried out in a way that ensures the safety, health and welfare of the staff.
- The safety representative represent the staff in establishing and maintaining organized work in the areas of health, environment and safety.
- The safety representative cooperates with his or her superior in maintainig and developing the working environment.
The UiO physiotherapist is available for appointments with employees at ARENA. If you need help or advice concerning your workstation/office etc, please contact Marianne, who will forward your request. More about HSE - working environment at UiO.
Fire safety routines at ARENA
The following procedures apply when the fire alarm activates:
- Lock your windows and leave the building
- There are two ways out:
- At the end of the corridor by the report stock
- The ordinary stairs - do NOT use the elevator
- The responsible for fire security will go through all offices and check if anyone is left behind. Since the responsible might be absent, a good rule is to bring your neighbour along on the way out.
- If you detect a fire that might be handled with a fire extinguisher, there is one extinguisher by the Johan P. Olsen room, a small one by the post shelves and others in the kitchen area. There is also a fire hose by the elevator. Remember: direct the extinguisher at the SOURCE of the fire.