If the EU admits that it is a federation, the Union might be better able to strike the right balance between the supranational and national levels. Professor John Erik Fossum wants to revive the controversial concept.
New on the GLOBUS Blog: If you want to influence the outcome of a COP climate negotiation, our researcher Solveig Aamodt has one tip for you: Find yourself a pink badge!
Register for our Brexit event! We have invited UK experts to discuss the status of the negotiations, and have brought together experts from the three EEA countries Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway to discuss the likely effects on the EEA countries.
ARENA is excited about the flying start of our Horizon2020 project PLATO, a PhD network that studies the EU's legitimacy in the wake of the financial crisis.
- TARN Lecture: Jens Blom-Hansen Feb. 7, 2018
- REFLEX workshop: Expertise, democracy and non-majoritarian bodies Nov. 27, 2017
- Flying start for PhD network Nov. 6, 2017
- Secrecy and the Making of CFSP Feb. 19, 2018
- Political Differentiation and the Problem of Dominance Feb. 1, 2018